The Resource Orbiting Jupiter
- Orbiting Jupiter
- Statement of responsibility
- Gary D. Schmidt
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueTeenage boys
- Emotional problems -- Fiction
- Friendship -- Fiction
- trueEmotional problems
- Emotional problems of teenagers -- Fiction
- trueChild abuse
- trueTeenage fathers
- trueFather-separated children
- Child abuse -- Fiction
- trueFoster children
- Friendship -- Fiction
- Teenage fathers -- Fiction
- trueFoster home care
- Foster home care -- Fiction
- Maine -- Fiction
- trueViolence in men
- Joseph was a father at thirteen, but has never seen his daughter, Jupiter. He has spent time in a juvenile facility, and now is with a foster family on a farm in rural Maine. Damaged and withdrawn, Joseph meets twelve-year-old Jack. Together they discover the true meaning of family and the sacrifices it requires when Joseph decides to find his baby at any cost
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2016
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 6-8, 2016.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico): Lizards (Grades 6-8), 2018.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Teen category, 2018.
- Notable Books for a Global Society, 2016.
- Westchester Fiction Award, 2017.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2017.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Tween Book Category, 2018.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Middle Books, 2018.
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Awards note
- Young Hoosier Book Middle Grades 6-8 Award nominee, 2017-2018.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Or 2015
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader AR
- Target audience
ContextContext of Orbiting Jupiter
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Orbiting Jupiter
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.attica.lib.in.us/resource/dRERP_6ftVU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.attica.lib.in.us/resource/dRERP_6ftVU/">Orbiting Jupiter</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.attica.lib.in.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.attica.lib.in.us/">Attica Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>